Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

  Achille, Locke and I headed up to Tiger Creek Reservoir in Pine Grove today to see if we couldn't spot some Northern Spotted Owls and other mountain species. Unfortunately the day was pretty much bust except for the  Dusky Flycatcher I spotted as we were headed back down the mountain. I'm incline to believe that the reason we saw so few animals today was due to a shooting event located less than a mile from where we were looking.
    This evening I was taking a short walk and was able to snag some House Sparrows, a very common species but a new one for the year list none the less.
    I'm in a unique position to get some Spotted Owls and Northern Goshawks on my list this year as Achille's project focuses on those species in particular and he is aware of several locations where there are active nest sites. Next weekend we're hoping to head up the mountain again as a family and spot these birds.
  I'm not sure what tomorrow will entail in terms of birding but I am certain that at some point in the day Locke and I will be outside. Perhaps we'll head out to French Bar road to spot some more birds that I know for certain live out there. Wish me luck

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Little Big Year. Design by WPThemes Expert

Themes By Buy My Themes and Best Web Hosting.